.

Friday, June 11, 2010

The simple things...

Growing up I remember my measures of happiness. Through my early childhood years it was as simple as whether or not my bike was in good working order. Through my teen years it was how many friends I had in middle and high school or whether I made the cheerleading squad. Through my early adulthood I measured my happiness around my college career, what job I had and what guy I might be dating. As trivial as these things sound, they were a major part of my life. As I approached my 30th birthday, I received the best gift I could ever ask for. A healthy baby boy. My family is by far the most important aspect of my life now. It is my ONLY measure of happiness. Growing up my parents used to tell me and my siblings that they would do anything for us. I never understood what that meant until Maxwell was born. It's the simple things that mean the most to me...
  • the sweet look on his face when he wakes up and sees his mommy or daddy
  • the way he cuddles in our neck when we hold him
  • the HOURS a day we stare at him just to see if he will do something new today
  • his constant noises...grunt, grunt, grunt...his way of chatting with us
  • how he starts snoring when he is in a deep sleep
  • the naps mommy or daddy sneek when he is laying on our chest
  • the funny faces he makes when he is sleeping
  • hearing him breathe
  • feeding him
  • his bright eyes when he discovers something new
  • wondering what he is thinking about
  • wondering what he is dreaming about
  • watching him yawn and stretch when he is about to fall asleep

This list could go on for days! The bond Garry and I formed the day we married has grown beyond measure caring for Max. I will eternally be grateful to my husband for giving me the best gift I have ever received. I love being Garry's wife and I wouldn't not change one thing about our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails