.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

30 Day Challenge - Day 4 - Your Favorite Book

I usually read about a book a week so narrowing down my focus to pick just one favorite is nearly impossible but The Shack has stood out in my mind as one of the best books I have ever read.



The story revolves around Mack Phillips, a man whose lost his daughter. She was brutally murdered by a serial killer and evidence was left in a shack in the woods. Mack has not only blamed God but completely turned his back on him. Mack has been living in a great sadness when he finds a note in his mailbox to come and meet God in the shack where his daughters clothes were found. The rest of the book outlines Mack's experience in the shack where he meets the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I don't want to ruin anything for anybody wanting to read this but I will say that the rest of the book and Mack's experience in the Shack was truly inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails